David has some work on show at Bournemouth University - The art of making: handcrafted and traditional skills. February-December 2013, BU art Loan Collection 2013.
Red Orb Sculpture Exhibition
Dave showed his work as part of Red Orb Sculpture Exhibition - A celebration of three dimensional visual arts at Leeson House, Langton Matravers, Swanage, Dorset.
"The Red Orb Exhibition demonstrates the dynamic presence of sculpture in both the Isle of Purbeck and the county of Dorset, which are alive with contemporaries working in a diverse range of styles with traditional and modern materials, techniques and an evolution of design, for which the past great local artists, such as Mary Spencer Watson and Dame Elisabeth Frink, laid the foundation".
Sculptor and owner of White Stones Café gallery
David works from his studio in Portland producing unique hand finished sculpture in a variety of materials. The sculptures range from one off hand carved original pieces in stone and wood and small editions cast in bronze and aluminum to large pieces for a garden setting. His work encompasses themes such as growth, vitality and nature using carving, modeling and casting techniques whilst exploring a diverse variety of materials.
Since graduating in 2001 he has exhibited extensively around the country. His growing reputation in high quality work producing abstract sculpture has earned David various public and private commissions; one of which was for Dorset County Council.
Recent work represents a new direction in his artistic language. As well as direct carving or sculpting in three dimensional form he is exploring the idea of sculpting textured relief's and integrating found objects within the work. David hopes to produce work that is tactile, visual, stimulating to human senses and works in harmony with its surroundings.
- Sensorary water sculpture, Ridgeway Centre, Weymouth, Nov 2002
- Cast aluminum sculpture, Sticklands School, Evershot, Jan 2002
- Cast aluminum sculptural commission for Dorset County Council, May 2001
- Various private commissions, 2002 and ongoing
- Red Orb Sculpture Exhibition, Leeson House, Langton Matravers, Swanage, 2012
- Earthbound II, White Stones Café Gallery, Portland, June 2006
- Earthbound, Bridport Arts Centre, March 2006
- Art Trail, Weymouth, Oct 2004
- 'Art One', Mulberry Gallery, Weymouth, Sept 2004
- Old Warehouse Gallery, Dorchester, March 2004
- Art Loan Collection, Bournemouth University, 2003/2004
- A C Gallery, Bournemouth, Dorset, April 2003 - Jan 2004
- Stansted Park, Hampshire, March 2003 - Feb 2004
- Roffey Park Institute, West Sussex, May 2003
- Polesden Lacey, Surrey, June 2003
- Atrium Gallery, Bournemouth University, Dec 2002
- Labour of Love, Blandford, Dorset, Nov 2002
- Vivartis, Witley, Surrey, Sept 2002
- Art et Jardin, Langham Fine Art, Bury St Edmunds, Sep 2002
- Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking, Surrey, Aug 2002
- The Third Dimension, riverhouse, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, July 2002
- Summer Open 2002, South West Academy of Fine & Applied Arts, Exeter, June 2002
- Sculpture in the Garden, Kingston Lacy House, Wimbourne, June 2002
- Gants Mill, Bruton, Somerset, May 2002
- Old Warehouse Gallery, Dorchester, Oct 2001
- Weymouth Loves Art, Weymouth Arts Centre, Aug 2001
- Chapel Gallery, Cranford, July 2001
- Shell Like, solo exhibition, Mulberry Gallery, Weymouth, April 2001
- Giants, exhibition at Dorchester County Museum, May 2000
- Shout, group exhibition 1999
- Review: March 2005, 'Society' Magazine.
- Review: June 2004, Dorset Echo.
- Article: 'The Shape Of Things To Come'- 6th Dec 2003, Dorset Echo Magazine.
- Review: Dec 2003, 'Society' Magazine. Oct 2003, Bournemouth Gazette.
- Article: 7th Nov 2002, Western Gazette. 30th May 2002, Western Gazette.
- Article: March 2002, Dorset Echo.
- Article: March 2002, Blackmoor Vale. Feb 2002, 'Roots & Shoots', HTV television.
- Article: Feb 2002, Western Gazette.
- Review: Dec 2001, 'Society' Magazine. September 2001, 'The Sticks' Issue 5.
- Review: Aug 30th 2001, Dorset Echo.
- Review: 21st July 2001, Dorset Echo.
- Article: 'Art Works', April 2001, Dorset Echo Magazine. April 5th 2001, Western Gazette.
- Review: April 3rd 2001, Dorset Echo. March 17th 2001, Dorset Echo.
- Article: Oct 28th 2000, Dorset Echo Magazine.